Before commissioning art from me, please read these terms carefully and make sure you understand them. The terms outlined here will be effective once I have received payment to start working on your commission, therefore you acknowledge that you have read, understood and accepted these terms. For any questions, please contact me by e-mail: email@example.com
Last revised: 03/20/2019
- You can commission a custom made digital illustration from me. The subject matter of the artwork is up to you, but I reserve the right to refuse to do any commission for any reason.
- You will receive a high resolution (300 DPI) print quality digital image file e-mailed to you once the artwork is finished. You can freely choose the size of the artwork (if you have no preference then I will do it at A4 or similar size) but you must choose the size before I start working.
- To commission illustrations from me, send me a clear brief description of your desired artwork. Include things like format/size, reference photos or images etc. You can also show me sample images that are similar in style to the artwork you want me to create for you.
- After you have described your project to me, I can give you an estimation for the price.
- If you accept the commission, I will send you an invoice for payment.
- Once I have received the payment, I will start working on your commission. I will keep you updated on the process by sending you sketches, works in progress or other updates by e-mail. You can then request revisions if you wish (see details below).
- When the commission is finished, I will send you the high resolution file of the artwork.
- Turnaround time for a single artwork is roughly 10 days, but I will give you a time estimate for your commission beforehand. If you have a specific deadline then please let me know about it before I start working on your commission.
- You can ask for up to two rounds of major revisions during the rough sketch stage for no extra costs. If you want major changes during the lineart or coloring stages then there will be extra costs.
- A round of revision means that I will do all the revisions you would like me to make at the same time. Please make a list of all the revisions and let me know them all at once, so I can fix everything together, saving both of us time and speeding up the commission process.
- I will determine which changes are minor or major.
- Note: I send you the lineart only for approval, meaning that most revisions should be done in the sketch stage. However, at the lineart stage of the commission, I will change or fix any details we had agreed on before (for example if I have forgotten something) and there will be no extra costs for that.
- If needed, I will do one round of minor revisions in the final colored stage with no extra cost.
- After that, each additional round of revisions will be paid. The price will depend on the complexity of the revisions and I will let you know how much it will be before doing the revisions.
- I accept payments by PayPal or bank transfers.
- If you’re in a EU SEPA country then you can use bank transfer as a payment method. Please let me know if you prefer bank transfer as a payment method.
- If you accept the price quote, then I will send you a PayPal invoice or an invoice for bank transfer. Once the invoice is paid, I will start working on your commission.
- Full payment is to be paid upfront, unless discussed and agreed upon otherwise.
- Payment must be made within 15 days after getting the invoice. If it is not paid within that period, you may need to request a new price quote and invoice from me.
- Additional payments (such as for extra revisions) have to be made within 15 days after I have sent you the finished commission.
Licenses and Copyright Info
- The copyright of the commissioned artwork belongs to me. However, in some cases, the subject matter of the artwork (such as copyrighted characters) belongs to its respective owners.
- You will receive a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, non-commercial worldwide right to display and copy the finished commissioned artwork. This means that you are free to make copies of your commissioned artwork and to display it online or offline, and to print it for personal use, but you cannot sell that artwork, or give others permission to use that artwork. If you want to use your commissioned artwork for other purposes than the ones mentioned here, please ask me about it.
- You will only receive the license to use the commissioned artwork if you have fully paid for it (including for all the extra revisions).
- If you wish to sell the commissioned artwork or use it for commercial purposes (such as in advertisement and marketing), you can request a commercial license from me. Extra fees will be involved.
- If you wish, I can sign a nondisclosure agreement for your project. Extra fees may be involved. Please let me know about this before you request a price quote from me.